Makerere University Department of Visual Communication, Design and Multimedia
Makerere University Department of Visual Communication – Read full details below:
Department of Visual Communication, Design and Multimedia
The department of Visual Communication Design and Multimedia is one of the three departments in The Margaret Trowell School of Industrial and Fine Arts (MTSIFA), under the College of Engineering, Design, Art and Technology(CEDAT). The department Programs provide a more in-depth understanding of the visual communication design field in relation to the ever-advancing modern design technology and industrial growth challenges in Uganda.
The Visual Communication Design and Multimedia Programs address specific demands and enable students cultivate a sense of focus and concentration in specialized design areas in order to ably serve and contribute to the community development. It offers both undergraduate and postgraduate Programs. The Program provides learners with theory, practice and the modern technology. DVCDM houses areas of study that include animation, graphic design, sound production, 3D modelling, web site design, game design and interactive media design, social design, professional practice and management among others.
The department trains highly skilled and competent visual communication and multimedia personnel to serve in the different sectors of the economy including operations, research and training institutions.
Department Program objectives are:
- To impart an in-depth interdisciplinary knowledge and research in emerging trends, theories, methodologies, practices, materials in visual communication design and multimedia
- to equip technical proficiency in; processes, tools, software, techniques, methods and materials to meet specific demands for contemporary visual communication design challenges in the country
- Build the learner into a professional researcher and designer through in-depth research in studio/workshop/lab and practice
- To enable the learner to innovatively apply their creative skills and to adapt to ever advancing technology and market demands.
- To empower learners to integrate and apply the acquired design practices, knowledge and skill in the real work environment.
|BVCD||Drawing, Art History, Design Computing, Entrepreneurship &Business Practice, Research, Photography, Printing, Media Design, Graphic Illustration, Field Attachment, Exhibition||Photography Design, Graphic Illustration, Printing Production|