Makerere University Postgraduate Admissions 2023-2024
Makerere University Postgraduate Admissions – Apply Now:
Degree applicants are required to have achieved a National Senior Certificate with a degree endorsement.
Everyone wanting to start a new qualification must apply for admission, including first-time Makerere University applicants, students changing to a new qualification and/or changing the specialization of their current qualification, and applicants in their final year of an undergraduate qualification who wish to continue with postgraduate studies.
Postgraduate Admission takes into account a number of factors. For instance, the exact courses you completed in first degree and your grades in those courses. Our Course offerings may vary each semester. Read about the detailed comprehensive list of current and recent courses offered at Makerere University scheduled for the 2023-2024 academic year…
The Academic Registrar, Makerere University invites applications from Ugandan, East African, S. Sudan and international applicants for the undergraduate programs under the private sponsorship scheme for the 2023-2023 Academic year.
Makerere University Postgraduate Admissions
The Academic Registrar, Makerere University invites applications for admission to Graduate programs (Postgraduate Diplomas, Masters and Doctoral Degree programs) for the 2023-2023 Academic Year. Applicants should have obtained at least a first or second class degree (or its equivalent) from a recognized and chartered university/institution at the time of completion. Applicants should also possess a Ugandan Certificate of Education with at least five passes (or its equivalent) and a Uganda Advanced Certificate of Education (UACE) with at least two principal passes and one subsidiary pass obtained at the same sitting (or its equivalent).
All Graduate programs are PRIVATELY-SPONSORED. Therefore applicants seeking sponsorship should have their applications endorsed by their respective sponsors where applicable. Applicants should note that the various fees payable to the University indicated for the various programs EXCLUDE functional fees, accommodation, books, research and other expenses.
Application Procedure( Blended Online/Manual Applications using the new AIMS System)
- Visit the Makerere University’s Admissions URL(https://admissions.mak.ac.ug) and generate a Payment Reference Number (PRN) by following the guide below. Makerere University Postgraduate Admissions.
Makerere University Online Application Portal User-guide
a) Applicants should Signup using full name, e-mail and mobile number. Please note that your name must be similar to the one on your supporting academic documents for your application to be considered valid. If you changed your names please go to Senate Building, Graduate Admissions Office (308) with a gazette and any other documents supporting the name change.
b) A password will be sent to both your e-mail and mobile phone contact.
c) The system will prompt you to change the password to the one you can easily remember.
d)To fill a form, the applicant clicks on the “APPLY NOW” button displayed. Select the appropriate Scheme, ie Postgraduate and Taught PhD or PhD Research
e) Obtain a PRN by clicking on “PAY FOR FORM” button
f) Make a payment at any of the following Banks:
- Post Bank
- Centenary Bank
- DFCU Bank
- UBA Bank
- All applicants after payment of an application fee of Ugx 50,000 (Ugandan applicants) or Ugx 151,500 (International Applicants) will have to submit to office 307; level 3 Senate Building the following:
- Relevant supporting certified copies of certificates, and academic transcripts (2 copies),
- Letters from 3 referees.
- 2 passport photos.
Scanned copies of documents listed above can emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org Copy to: email@example.com
- For foreign applicants, upon obtaining of a Pay Reference Number (PRN) Payments can be made to Makerere University Revenue Collection Accounts and Bank Swift Codes are as follows:
|STANBIC BANK||MUC-FEES COLLECTION CASH||9030005866749||SBICUGKXXXX|
|DFCU BANK||MUC- FEES COLLECTION||01083500181477||DFCUUGKAXXX|
|3||CENTENARY BANK||MUC FEES COLLECTION||3740300001||CERBUGKAXXX|
|POSTBANK UGANDA LTD||MUC FEES COLLECTION||1630037000063||UGPBUGKA|
Strictly observe the application closing date
- All Applicants for Master of Laws (LLM) will do a Graduate Admission Test (GAT) consisting of an oral Interview and written test. The fee is Ug. Shs. 100,000/= (One hundred thousand shillings) payable to the School Accountant.
- All Applicants for Master of Business Administration (College of Business and Management Sciences and Makerere University Business School) will do a GMAT test on dates to be communicated by College of Business and Management Sciences and Makerere University Business School respectively. The fee for the MUBS GMAT Admission test is 50,000/=.
- All Applicants for PGD (Guidance and Counselling), Master of Organizational Psychology, MA.in Counselling and MSc. in Clinical Psychology (College of Humanities and Social Sciences) will do a GMAT test on dates to be communicated by College of Humanities and Social Sciences. The fee is Ug. Shs. 60,000/= (Sixty thousand shillings) payable to the School Accountant.
- In addition to the general admission requirements, applicants for Master of Public Infrastructure Management (MPIM) must have “Proven professional experience of at least 2 years at managerial/supervisory level or policy-decision making position in a government, parastatal organ, international organisation or non-governmental organisation” Applicants should attach a 2- page short CV and referee recommendations.
- Detailed information about the programs’ admission requirements, content and regulations can be obtained from Makerere University Website and Directorate of Research and Graduate Training or contact the Principals/College Registrars of the respective Colleges and Schools.
PHD DEGREES BY RESEARCH ONLY:
All Colleges offer PhD degrees by Research. Applicants for PhD by research should have a Master’s degree in a field relevant to their area of further studies. Applicants will be required to submit their applications any time in Room 410, Level 4 with a synopsis. For further information, please visit our website http://rgt.mak.ac.ug check on applying.
DURATION OF PROGRAMS
Postgraduate Diplomas – One Academic Year
1 Masters degrees (full time) – Two Academic Years
2 Masters degrees (part time) – Three – Four Academic Years
3 Masters of Medicine – Three Academic Years
Master of Public Health (Day) – Two Academic Years
Master of Public Health (Distance) – Three to Five Academic Years
PhD (Provisional Admission) – One Academic Year (Maximum)
PhD (Full Admission) – Three Academic Years
PhD/MD/LLD (full time) – Three Academic Years
PhD/MD/LLD (part time) – Five Academic Years.