Busitema University Medical School Admissions 2024-2025
Busitema University Medical School Admissions 2024 – see details below to apply…
The Busitema University Faculty of Health Sciences
Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery (MBChB) & Bachelor of Nursing Science (BNS)
Duration of MBChB is 5 years and BNS is 4 years.
Students are admitted to these two programs in four ways:
(i) Direct Entry Scheme
a) Should have an “O” Level certificate (with atleast 5 passes)
b) Should also have: Uganda Advanced Certificate of Education (UACE) with at least two (2) principal passes in prescribed subjects obtained at the same sitting. The prescribed subjects include Biology and Chemistry (Weight 3), Physics, Mathematics and Food and Nutrition (Weight 2), General paper, Subsidiary Mathematics (Weight 1), any other subject (Weight 0.5).
c) Fulfill other admission requirements that are determined by the University Admissions Board from time to time.
a) At least a credit diploma in a health discipline from a recognized Institution
b) Fulfill other admission requirements that will be determined by the University Admissions Board from time to time
c) Candidates are given a pre-entry examination which is then used to select the best candidates. About 40% of new admissions come through this system. Check Out Ongoing Admissions For Universities in Uganda
iii) Degree Holders’ Scheme
a) A Bachelors’ Degree in a biological science or health related discipline from a recognized institution.
b) Cumulative grade point average of at least 2.80 for the undergraduate degree under consideration.
c) Fulfillment of other admission requirements that are determined from time to time by the University Admissions Board.
d) The CGPA is used to rank the applicants
e) Four (4) slots are normally reserved for this category of applicants of which two go to female applicants when available.
iv) Mature Age Entry
A candidate must sit and pass the mature age exams set and marked by the University. The candidate must be at least 25 years of age. This scheme is yet to be operationalized.
Master’s in public health
Duration of this program is 2 years.
a) A degree in a science e.g. MBChB, BSc. Nursing, B.Pharmacy, BDS, BSc. Physiotherapy and BVM
b) A degree in biological sciences e.g. Biology, Laboratory sciences, Nutrition
c) A degree in social sciences e.g. social work, sociology, economics, demography and statistics
d) Selection of students for admission only follows an advertisement run widely in the national print media.
Masters in Internal Medicine
Duration of the program is 3 years
Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery (MBChB) or its equivalent from a recognized institution.
- Applicants should access the institution’s Admission URL http://admissions.busitema.ac.ug
- Signup using full name, email, and mobile no. Please note that your name must be similar to the one on your supporting documents for your application to be considered.
- A password will be sent to both your email and mobile number.
- The system will prompt you to change the password to the one you can easily remember.
- To fill out a form the applicant clicks on the apply now button displayed on the running scheme.
- Obtain a payment advice slip by clicking on the “Pay for the Form” button and get the reference which you will take to the bank.
- You are advised against submitting false information or forged documents.
- Candidates who obtained results 7, 9, X, Y and Z at ‘O’ Level need not to apply, since they do not meet the admission requirements.
- Students who are already registered on Busitema Programs are not ELIGIBLE to apply.