University of Cape Town UCT Undergraduate Online Application – Apply Now
UCT Undergraduate Online Application – Apply Now:
UCT Undergraduate Online Application – Apply Now
Admission as a freshman takes into account a number of factors. For instance, specific courses you completed in high school and your grades in those courses. Our Course offerings may vary each semester. Click here to read the detailed comprehensive list of current and recent courses at University of Cape Town UCT scheduled for the 2022/2023 academic year…
Everyone wanting to start a new qualification must apply for admission. This includes:
- First-time University of Cape Town UCT applicants.
- University of Cape Town UCT students changing to a new qualification and/or specialization.
- Students completing a higher certificate or any other program and who wish to continue with further undergraduate studies.
Application Requirements – The selection Process
UCT Undergraduate Online Application – Apply Now
What does the selection process entail?
Eligibility for admission
The following requirements apply to all students who are interested in pursuing a program at the University of Cape Town UCT. Depending upon what type of applicant you are, you may also have to meet additional requirements.
1.Undergraduate Certificate Study
To confirm eligibility for admission to undergraduate certificate study, applicants must consult the Admissions Office or the faculty concerned.
2.Undergraduate Diploma Study
The minimum requirement for admission to undergraduate diploma study is a National Senior Certificate (NSC) as certified by Umalusi with an achievement rating of 3 (Moderate Achievement, 40-49%) or better in 4 recognized NSC 20-credit subjects.
3.Bachelor’s Degree Study
To be eligible for admission to degree study, applicants need to meet minimum requirements for eligibility:
1.Applicants holding a South African National Senior Certificate (NSC) need to pass a minimum of 4 subjects at a rating of 4 (Adequate Achievement, 50-59%) or better in any four 20-credit NSC subjects.
2.Applicants holding a South African Senior Certificate need matriculation endorsement.
3.Applicants holding non-South African school-leaving certificates must qualify for a matriculation exemption certificate. For more information please visit the website of the Matriculation Board.
Minimum language proficiency
All applicants must have attained a certain level of proficiency in English and are required to submit evidence of this, as outlined below, as part of their application to study.
1.South African Senior Certificate undergraduate applicants
- South African Senior Certificate undergraduate applicants to UCT must have achieved a pass of 40% or more on the Higher Grade in English (First or Second Language) at Senior Certificate level.
2.South African NSC undergraduate applicants
- South African NSC undergraduate applicants to UCT, must have achieved a rating of 2 (Elementary Achievement, 30-40%) or better at Home Language or First Additional Language level.
3.Applicants holding non-South African school-leaving certificates
- Please see UCT’s language requirements.
For further information on the IELTS and TOEFL exams, please contact the UCT English Language Centre.
Calculating Admissions Points Score (APS)
The percentages achieved in National Senior Certificate examinations (preliminary and final examinations) will be allocated an admission score equal to that percentage.
The sum of 6 subjects, excluding Life Orientation, but including English and any required subject(s) for the relevant program, is considered when deciding on admission. For example, for a given program where Maths and Physical Sciences are required, we will take scores for English, Maths, Physical Sciences and the next best 3 subjects other than Life Orientation to compute the NSC score towards the APS.
Results below 40% for any subject do not attract a score.
Make sure to review all applicable requirements prior to applying for admission. The admission requirements apply to all students who are interested in pursuing a program or course at the University of Cape Town UCT.
Undergraduate Online Application at University of Cape Town UCT 2022
The Office of Admissions is here to help prospective students navigate the University of Cape Town UCT online application and admissions process.
How to Apply?
The following steps will guide you to successfully go through your application process:
- First, visit the official website of the institution via http://www.students.uct.ac.za/ to fill your form or acquire your application form at the school’s Campus. Students should apply within the application cycle. This prevents rejected applications.
- Fill in the form with all necessary documentation (Latest Academic Results) that is required of you to support your application. Certified copy of guardian\parent ID , Proof of residence, and Student certified ID.
- Remember you will need email address when filling the form, It is, therefore, advisable to create an email address if you don’t have one. Also, remember to provide a valid cell Phone number when filling the forms because the school will text you if you are given admission.
- A full application submitted entirely must include the certified copy of your ID and a certified copy of your latest school results as stated above.
Make sure you upload all the required documents and pay the required fees. Click here to learn all about University of Cape Town UCT fees such as application fee, admission fee, tuition, and scholarships for University of Cape Town UCT Programs.
An application fee must be paid for every application. UCT students and graduates, as well as Semester Study Abroad (SSA) applicants, are exempt from the application fee unless applying to a Graduate School of Business (GSB) program. Please refer to the fee structure for more information.
Submitting results and documents
Current learners at school must make sure that all examination results from Grade 11 until September of grade 12 are submitted. Failure to submit these results may result in delays.
Transferring students should submit all transcripts and academic records as early as possible.
Documents must be submitted as certified electronic copies to firstname.lastname@example.org (undergraduate applicants) or email@example.com (postgraduate applicants). Please do not send your submissions to both email addresses as this will only delay the processing of your application.
Monitor your application
When we update your application, you will receive an email communication. Please monitor your email account closely for updates. You can also check your status online with the log-in credentials that we will send you after you apply. We are not permitted to disclose your application status telephonically.
Online Application Closing date at University of Cape Town UCT
The 2022 University of Cape Town UCT Admission Closing date is scheduled as follows:
- Final results from the November 2022 Cambridge Assessment International Education (CAIE) are released.
- Self-Service components are unavailable due to 2022 undergraduate admission processing.
- Final results from the 2022 National Senior Certificate (NSC) examinations are released.
- First-Year Campus Reception for students registering in 2022.
- Orientation starts for first-year students.
- First semester starts at UCT.
- Applications for admission in 2023 will open. Applications will close on 31 July 2022 for all undergraduate programs. We do not consider late applications.
- The National Benchmark Tests (NBTs) will open for registrations for the 2023 intake.
- All undergraduate applications close. We do not accept late applications.
- Applications for student housing close.
- Closing date for undergraduate program changes. Requests must be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Request for program change”.
- National Student Funding Assistance Scheme (NSFAS) funding applications open. You must apply online.
- For applicants finishing secondary school in 2022, all grade 12 interim results, or predicted scores in the case of non-NSC candidates, are due.
- Interim and past transcripts for transferring applicants are due.
- Last date to apply for National Student Funding Assistance Scheme (NSFAS) funding. You must apply online.
- Final transcripts for transferring applicants are due.
NB: All applicants who have successfully submitted their application forms should constantly check their online application status for more updates on their application.
Online Application Status Frequently Asked Questions
How do I access my Application Status Page?
When the college receives your application, you will receive an email from University of Cape Town UCT with a username and PIN to log in to the application status page.
I did not receive the email to access my Application Status Page?
Please contact the Admissions Office
How do I apply for a program offered at the University of Cape Town UCT?
To make an application for the courses offered at the TVET college, please visit the official website of the college to register and follow the steps to make your application.
I got a new email address, how do I update it?
Log in to the application status page. Click on “Change Email Address”. Then enter your new email address and click “Request Change”
I forgot my password for my Application Status Page, how do I retrieve it?
Check the Application Status page and follow the link to reset your password.
Contact Address of University of Cape Town UCT
For more information and enquiries, contact the University of Cape Town UCT below: