University of the Witwatersrand WITS Undergraduate Online Application – Apply Now
WITS Undergraduate Online Application – Apply Now:
University of the Witwatersrand WITS Undergraduate Online Application
University of the Witwatersrand WITS Undergraduate Online Application – How to Apply:
Admission as a freshman takes into account a number of factors. For instance, specific courses you completed in high school and your grades in those courses. Our Course offerings may vary each semester. Click here to read the detailed comprehensive list of current and recent courses at University of the Witwatersrand WITS scheduled for the 2022/2023 academic year…
Everyone wanting to start a new qualification must apply for admission. This includes:
- First-time University of the Witwatersrand WITS applicants.
- University of the Witwatersrand WITS students changing to a new qualification and / or specialization.
- Students completing a higher certificate or any other program and who wish to continue with further undergraduate studies.
WITS University Admission Requirements 2022/2023
The following requirements apply to all students who are interested in pursuing a program at the University of the Witwatersrand WITS. Depending upon what type of applicant you are, you may also have to meet additional requirements. The minimum requirements for University of the Witwatersrand WITS admission are outlined below:
Which school-leaving qualification category do you fall into?
- The National Senior Certificate (NSC)
- Admission Requirements for International Qualifications
- The National Certificate (Vocational) (NCV)
Admission Point Score (APS)
Are you an applicant who is currently writing or completed the NSC matric? If you are, then please read the information below regarding admission requirements.
NB: This is a guideline only. Meeting the requirements does not guarantee a place. Final selection is made subject to the availability of places, academic results and other entry requirements where applicable.
Wits tabulates the points score for all subjects on the following basis:
- That English must be taken either as Home Language or as 1st Additional Language.
- Mathematics is compulsory for all numerate programs in Engineering and the Built Environment, Commerce, Law and Management, and Science.
- Maths Literacy is accepted for some degrees
- Wits does not distinguish between designated vs non-designated subjects when calculating the admission point score (APS)
- The APS calculation is based on the best seven subjects including Life Orientation
Make sure to review all applicable requirements prior to applying for admission. The admission requirements apply to all students who are interested in pursuing a program or course at the University of the Witwatersrand WITS.
WITS University General Application Process
The following steps will guide you to successfully go through your application process:
STEP 1 – Apply Online
- To apply online, go to www.wits.ac.za/applications/
- You may apply for a maximum of three programs (order of choice does not matter).
- If you apply for two programs within one Faculty, you are advised to apply for one program in a less restricted faculty (e.g. Humanities, Commerce or Science).
- Try to keep your options open, especially when applying for programs in Faculties such as Health Sciences or Engineering.
- Do not enter the duration of the program. You are applying to go into 1st year of study.
- A non-refundable application fee of R100 for South African citizens, and R700 for foreign citizens, is required.
- For assistance call the Wits Student Call Centre on +27 (0) 11 717 1888.
STEP 2 – Pay Application Fee
- Non-refundable application fee of R100 for South African citizens
- Non-refundable application fee for foreign citizens of R700
- Payments to be made before closing dates
- Use your Person Number or T Number as reference
How to pay
Deposit exact amount into the University’s Application Fee account:
- Standard Bank, Account name: Wits University – Application Fees. Current Account Number: 200 346 385, Branch code: Braamfontein 004 805. CI Number 074A. (International payment swift code: SBZAZAJJ). Use your person/student number as a reference.
- Pay by cash or credit card at the Wits Fees Office, Ground Floor, Solomon Mahlangu House (Senate House), Braamfontein Campus East, Jorissen Street, Braamfontein, Johannesburg, South Africa. Use your person/student number as a reference.
- EFT – Use your Person/Student number as the reference.
STEP 3 – Acknowledgement of Application
- You will receive an email from the University acknowledging receipt of your application.
- The acknowledgment letter will contain a person number (which will become your student number), and a reference person for you to contact for any queries you may have.
- All records of correspondence from the University will be available on the student self-service portal https://self-service.wits.ac.za
- Check the status of your application and to do items on the student self-service portal regularly.
- Keep your contact details up-to-date on self-service.
STEP 4 – Upload all Supporting Documents
- If you did not upload supporting documents at the time of application, you can still do so via the student self-service portal https://self-service.wits.ac.za
2. Log in with your person number and the first six digits of your ID.
3. Current Matriculants: Upload your final Grade 11 results (no hardcopy required).
4. Already Matriculated: Upload certified copies of all your matric certificates/foreign school leaving certificates.
5. Other Tertiary Institutions: Upload a certified copy of official academic records for ALL tertiary registrations, inclusive of statement/certificate of good conduct, stamped by the institution’s registrar.
STEP 5 – Acceptance of Offer
- Current Matriculants may get a provisional offer (depending on Grade 11 results). Please note that certain programs have additional selection criteria (interview/audition/NBT)
- WITS University can only confirm Firm offers after receiving final matric results.
- Applicants who receive a firm offer will be required to go to www.wits.ac.za/regsitration/ for registration details.
- Each choice of degree is treated as a separate application. The order of choice makes no difference.
- Download the Acceptance Guide
- To make a virtual appointment, please go to https://forms.gle/po5cjCWHjppMxCRv6
Changed your mind about your choice of study?
- DO NOT submit a new application!
- Refer to the closing dates to see if applications are still open for your new selection.
- If you are certain you want to change your program choice, Amend your choices. It is advisable to avoid multiple changes.
- Should your contact details change (e.g. email, residential or postal address or contact numbers) update your new details on the student self-service portal: https://self-service.wits.ac.za
Online Application Closing date at University of the Witwatersrand WITS
The 2022 University of the Witwatersrand WITS Admission Closing date is scheduled as follows:
1.2022 Applications are closed
2. Applications for 2023 will open in March 2022
Closing dates for 2022
NB: All applicants who have successfully submitted their application forms should constantly check their online application status for more updates on their application.
Online Application Status Frequently Asked Questions
How do I access my Application Status Page?
When the college receives your application, you will receive an email from University of the Witwatersrand WITS with a username and PIN to log in to the application status page.
I did not receive the email to access my Application Status Page?
Please contact the Admissions Office
How do I apply for a program offered at the University of the Witwatersrand WITS?
To make an application for the courses offered at the TVET college, please visit the official website of the college to register and follow the steps to make your application.
I got a new email address, how do I update it?
Log in to the application status page. Click on “Change Email Address”. Then enter your new email address and click “Request Change”
I forgot my password for my Application Status Page, how do I retrieve it?
Check the Application Status page and follow the link to reset your password.
Contact Address of University of the Witwatersrand WITS
For more information and enquiries, contact the University of the Witwatersrand WITS below: