University of the Free State UFS Postgraduate Online Application – Apply Now
UFS Postgraduate Online Application – Apply Now:
Applications for admission to honors degrees and postgraduate diplomas for the 2022 academic year
Everyone wanting to start a new qualification must apply for admission, including first-time University of the Free State UFS applicants, students changing to a new qualification and/or changing the specialization of their current qualification, and applicants in their final year of an undergraduate qualification who wish to continue with postgraduate studies.
Application Requirements – The selection Process
University of the Free State UFS Postgraduate Online Application
What does the selection process entail?
- It is important to note that ALL Postgraduate programs are selection programs.
- In some instances Honors, Masters and Doctoral students are expected to apply directly to the department or to pre-register. Please refer to the specific Faculty and departmental information to determine whether you need apply directly or to pre-register. Visit the Faculty and specific department web page for more information.
- Each prospective student must complete the online application.
- Once your online application has been submitted and processed, you will receive a student number (Reference number).
- Receiving a student number (Reference number) does NOT imply that you have been accepted by the University of the Free State yet.
- Admission is a separate process when your application will be evaluated by the relevant faculty.
- Before you submit your online application and upload/email documents, please visit the relevant faculty/department website to confirm additional documentation that may be required e.g. departmental application form, CV, motivation, reports, dissertation/thesis proposal etc. Visit the Faculty and specific department web page for more information.
- Applicants transferring from another university/tertiary institution are required to upload a full academic record/transcript, degree/diploma certificate and SAQA certificate if you hold a foreign/ international qualification .
- Advanced Diploma qualifications are classified as undergraduate. It is however processed (administratively) as a postgraduate qualification due to previous studies involved.
UFS Postgraduate Application Process
The following steps will guide you to successfully go through your application process:
- First, visit the official website of the institution via https://apply.ufs.ac.za to fill your form or acquire your application form at the school’s Campus. Students should apply within the application cycle. This prevents rejected applications.
- Your application is submitted. You will receive a student number and acknowledgement of your application.
If you have not submitted the required documents, you will be requested to do so in order to finalise your
- Your application is evaluated by the university. Should your evaluation be positive, you will receive a conditional offer to study – SUBJECT TO AVAILABILITY OF SPACE. Selection programs are excluded. If you have indicated in your application that you require on-campus residence, you will also receive correspondence from Housing and Residence Affairs. Note that qualifying for your program of choice, does not guarantee admission.
4. You need to source and secure financial support for your studies.
5.Take note that meeting the minimum admission requirements for your program of choice does not guarantee admission.
6.You have to complete the online acceptance process for the offer within the stipulated timeframe. Note that limited spaces are available.
7.Pay the prescribed first payment before registration. You can move into the residence on campus where you have been placed, or into off-campus accommodation, and then start your academic activities, including orientation, academic advice, and registration.
Make sure you upload all the required documents and pay the required fees. Click here to learn all about University of the Free State UFS fees such as application fee, admission fee, tuition, and scholarships for University of the Free State UFS Programs.
Online Application Closing date at University of the Free State UFS
The 2022 University of the Free State UFS Admission Closing date is scheduled as follows:
IMPORTANT APPLICATION CLOSING DATES
31 May 2021
Radiation Sciences Optometry Physiotherapy Occupational Therapy Dietetics
Biokinetics Sport Coaching
31 July 2021
|Architecture Quantity Surveying
Construction Management Social Work
|31 August 2021
|International undergraduate applications
All University Access programs on the South Campus and the sub-regions
|1 September 2021
30 September 2021
|Drama and Theatre Arts Geology
Physics with Engineering Sciences Music
Community Development (Qwaqwa Campus only) All non-selection programs
NB: All applicants who have successfully submitted their application forms should constantly check their online application status for more updates on their application.
Online Application Status Frequently Asked Questions
How do I access my Application Status Page?
When the college receives your application, you will receive an email from University of the Free State UFS with a username and PIN to log in to the application status page.
I did not receive the email to access my Application Status Page?
Please contact the Admissions Office
How do I apply for a program offered at the University of the Free State UFS?
To make an application for the courses offered at the TVET college, please visit the official website of the college to register and follow the steps to make your application.
I got a new email address, how do I update it?
Log in to the application status page. Click on “Change Email Address”. Then enter your new email address and click “Request Change”
I forgot my password for my Application Status Page, how do I retrieve it?
Check the Application Status page and follow the link to reset your password.
Contact Address of University of the Free State UFS
For more information and enquiries, contact the University of the Free State UFS below:
University of the Free State
PO Box 339
Private Bag X13
PO Box 339
Oliver Tambo Street
University of the Free State
205 Nelson Mandela Drive
Bloemfontein Campus: +27 51 401 9111
Qwaqwa Campus: +27 58 718 5000
South Campus: +27 51 401 9111
For general information, e-mail: email@example.com