Key Account Manager UK Academic Job Vacancy at Cell Signaling Technology 2023
Key Account Manager UK Academic Job Vacancy 2023 – Apply Now:
Job Type: Permanent
Job Engagement: Full Time
Who we are
Cell Signaling Technology (CST) is a different kind of life sciences company, one founded, owned, and run by active research scientists, with the highest standards of product and service quality, technological innovation, and scientific rigor for over 20 years. We consistently provide fellow scientists around the globe with best-in-class products and services to fuel their quests for discovery.
Helping researchers find new solutions is our main mission every day, but it’s not our only mission. We’re also dedicated to helping identify solutions to other problems facing our world. We believe that all businesses must be responsible and work in partnership with local communities, while seeking to minimize their environmental impact. That’s why we joined 1% for the Planet as its first life science member, and have committed to achieving net-zero emissions by 2029.
The Key Account Manager Academic is responsible for (over-) achieving revenue objectives within Northern England and Scotland by building business relationships, proposing solutions to customer issues creating customer value. All in a manner that is consistent with business plans and company objectives. This role is field based.
You’ll have the opportunity to…
- Establish and maintain productive, professional relationships with key personnel in assigned territory within the Academic market.
- Proactively assess, clarify, validate and satisfy customer needs on an on-going basis.
- Understand and communicate CST value proposition addressing customer needs.
- To develop and execute strategic sales plans, perform continuous account mapping including key decision makers to develop and work on a healthy opportunity pipeline.
- Develop timely and accurate forecasts (volume and spend) for assigned accounts and revise throughout the year.
- Maintain and use of CRM (SFDC)
- Maintain high knowledge of applications, products, markets, and competition.
- Constantly monitor and assess market dynamics, funding opportunities, competitive activities, business risks and opportunities, report findings into the organization and address through tailored tactical sales plans
- Execute monthly responsibilities: Monthly reports, expenses, and other operational requirements.
- Strive to maximum customer satisfaction.
Who you are and what you bring to the team
- Value and embrace the possibility to meet with customers and attend events in the UK and Europe
- Value and embrace the possibility to meet and connect with your colleagues in the Leiden Office (Netherlands)
- Collaborate cross functionally with Sales, tech support, customer service, marketing, product management and R&D
- Comfortable in conducting presentations, seminars, and workshops to CST’s existing and potential new customers
- Support our marketing team in the development of campaigns/promotions
Ideally, you have…
- Bachelor’s degree in Cell Biology Biochemistry, Molecular Biology or equivalent
- Good knowledge and understanding in the field of Cellular Biology and Immunology.
- Minimum 3 years proven sales experience in Life Science
- Excellent knowledge of English in word and writing
- Valid Drivers License
- Experience in a lab environment
What we offer
At Cell Signaling Technology (CST) we recognize that people will always be our most important asset. Providing a safe, inclusive, and stimulating working environment that understands the importance of diversity, human dignity and meaningful work is as important as establishing company policies that incorporate excellent health insurance and pay benefits. We recognize that development of people is the key to their happiness and thus ensure every employee has impactful discussions with their manager and develops actionable performance and professional development plans. Lastly, we are committed to engaging and supporting our employees in committees and philanthropy that benefit their local communities and environment through community investment programs.
- Market competitive salary
- Up to 25% bonus target program
- Car allowance
- 28 holidays
- DC Pension Scheme
- € 250,- yearly sport contribution
- Tuition Reimbursement
Cell Signaling Technology (CST) is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, status as a veteran or as a member of the military or status in any group protected by applicable federal or state laws.
All resumes submitted by search firms/employment agencies to any employee at Cell Signaling Technology (CST) via email, the internet or in any form and/or method will be deemed the sole property of CST, unless such search firms/employment agencies were engaged by CST for this position and a valid agreement with CST is in place. In the event a candidate who was submitted outside of the CST agency engagement process is hired, no fee or payment of any kind will be paid.