University of the Western Cape UWC Admission Requirements 2022/2023
UWC Admission Requirements – Read full details below and apply:
Your journey to University of the Western Cape UWC starts here. The future belongs to those with the curiosity and determination to shape it for the better. At University of the Western Cape UWC, you can be one of them. We are here to help make each step towards becoming a University of the Western Cape UWC student a smooth experience.
Admission as a freshman takes into account a number of factors. This includes specific courses you completed in high school and your grades in those courses.
Please review all applicable requirements prior to applying for admission and pay the required fees.
Admission Requirements 2022/2023
The following requirements apply to all students who are interested in pursuing a program at the University of the Western Cape UWC. Depending upon what type of applicant you are, you may also have to meet additional requirements. The minimum requirements for University of the Western Cape UWC admission are outlined below:
- National Senior Certificate (NSC) Bachelors pass – an achievement rating of 4 (adequate achievement 50-59%) or better in four subjects chosen from the recognized 20 credit
NSC subjects (known as the designated subject list).
UWC Points Score System
Refer to each program on the reverse side of this pamphlet to determine the number of points required.
Note: The table below indicates how points are allocated.
|NSC LEVELS||UWC POINTS|
|Level||Percentage||Points for English||Points for Maths or Maths lit||Points for Life Orientation||Points for each other subject|
|less than 20%||0||0||0||0|
- Applicants must have a valid email address in order to apply online. All communication from the University in regards to your application will be sent via email. Should you not have a valid email address you can create an email account using Gmail, Yahoo Mail or any other email provider you may prefer.
- If you are a person with a disability, please ensure that you have completed that section fully in the online form to allow us to make contact with you regarding your support needs. Should you have any queries related to disability support at the University contact the Office for Students with Disabilities at email@example.com or at +27 21 959 4170.
- Please also note that there is no separate application form for accommodation, if you responded YES on the question for University accommodation, you have applied.
- Residence placement is limited and not all applicants can be accommodated.
- Selection will only be done from those applicants who are made offers of study by the University based on placement criteria and availability of space (not all applicants who have been made an offer to study can be accommodated). For any residence enquiries you can contact +27 21 959 2569 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
International Student Applications
- Meet the minimum admission requirements for the program/s you wish to apply to. Visit Academia for further assistance in this regard
- Apply for exemption by following the USAf Application for Exemption Process or apply to have your Foreign Qualifications Evaluated by SAQA in the case of Postgraduate programs
Evaluation of your International Qualifications are essential to confirming the level of learning attained and the appropriate articulation with qualifications registered on the National Qualifications Framework (NQF). The relevant statutory bodies seek to ascertain the equivalence or comparison of international qualifications with local qualifications in an attempt to inform the minimum admission requirements to higher education.
For Applications for Exemption Enquiries
Phone: +2710 591 4401/2
Fax: 086 677 7744 (SA Only)
Fax: +2712 481 2922 (International)
Your Application for Exemption may take a while and we therefore recommend you complete this as soon as you have a statement of results available before moving to the next step in the process i.e. UWC Online Application.
For Evaluation of Foreign Qualifications Enquiries
Phone: +2712 431 5070 – Evaluation of Foreign Qualifications
Phone: 0860 111 673 – Helpdesk
+2721 431 5000 – Switchboard
Fax: +2721 431 5147
This Evaluation Certificate must accompany your application to UWC and we therefore recommend you complete this before moving to the next step in the process.
Some Faculties may require an Exemption Certificate from USAf and an Evaluation of Foreign Qualifications from SAQA for admission into a particular program. Please consult faculty specific admission requirements in the Academia tab.
Since your application depends on either USAf Exemption or a SAQA Evaluation Certificate and in some cases both, we will not be able to process your application until the appropriate evidence from USAf and/or SAQA is supplied. We therefore recommend that you complete this component as soon as possible.
Further enquiries should be directed to USAF or consult our international guidelines for applications alternatively contact ISSO office at email@example.com.
Contact Address of University of the Western Cape UWC
Whether you have specific questions about UWC, are seeking more information or are ready to apply, we’re here to help. For more information and enquiries, contact the University of the Western Cape UWC below: