University of South Africa Unisa Undergraduate Online Application 2022/2023
University of South Africa Undergraduate Online Application – Apply Now:
Admission as a freshman takes into account a number of factors. For instance, specific courses you completed in high school and your grades in those courses. Our Course offerings may vary each semester. Click here to read the detailed comprehensive list of current and recent courses at University of South Africa Unisa scheduled for the 2022/2023 academic year…
Everyone wanting to start a new qualification must apply for admission. This includes
- first-time Unisa applicants.
- Unisa students changing to a new qualification and/or specialization.
- applicants who previously applied for admission and were not offered a space or who were offered a space, accepted the offer and did not register.
- students completing a higher certificate or any other program and who wish to continue with further undergraduate studies.
The application process
- You may apply for a maximum of two qualifications, ranked in order of preference (although you may only register for one should both of your qualifications be successful).
- Unisa will inform you of the outcome of your application. If successful, Unisa will indicate for which qualification you have been accepted and will offer you a space for the period for which you have applied (ie semester 1).
- You must accept or decline Unisa’s offer within the prescribed period of time. If you miss this deadline, Unisa will withdraw the offer and give your space to another applicant.
- First-time applicants to Unisa will be required to complete the First-Year Experience (FYE) MOOC (massive open online course) before being able to accept Unisa’s offer.
- You may only accept one offer. This means that when you accept an offer for one qualification (irrespective of whether it is your first or second qualification of choice), the other offer will automatically fall away.
- If you accept Unisa’s offer, you must register for the period for which you have been granted admission. Should you not register for the relevant semester of study, you will need to re-apply for admission during the next application period.
Who must apply?
- Everyone wanting to start a new qualification must apply for admission. This includes first-time Unisa applicants and Unisa students changing to a new qualification and / or specialization.
- If you are completing a higher certificate, you must apply for admission if you want to continue with further undergraduate studies.
- You must re-apply for admission if you previously applied for admission and were offered a space, but did not accept the offer and / or did not register for any reason.
- Everyone planning to enrol for classes at a Technical Vocational Education and Training (TVET) college under the Unisa-TVET agreement must apply for admission.
Undergraduate Online Application at University of South Africa Unisa 2022
The Office of Admissions is here to help prospective students navigate the University of South Africa Unisa online application and admissions process.
How to Apply?
The following steps will guide you to successfully go through your application process:
- First, visit the official website of the institution via https://www.unisa.ac.za/ to fill your form or acquire your application form at the school’s Campus. Students should apply within the application cycle. This prevents rejected applications.
- Fill in the form with all necessary documentation (Latest Academic Results) that is required of you to support your application. Certified copy of guardian\parent ID , Proof of residence, and Student certified ID.
- Remember you will need email address when filling the form, It is, therefore, advisable to create an email address if you don’t have one. Also, remember to provide a valid cell Phone number when filling the forms because the school will text you if you are given admission.
- A full application submitted entirely must include the certified copy of your ID and a certified copy of your latest school results as stated above.
Application Requirements – The selection Process
What does the selection process entail?
- At the heart of the selection process is a calculation of your individual points score, which takes into account your final Grade 12 marks and other key factors such as the school you attended, and your gender, socio-economic group, race, and so on.
- Before submitting an application, please check whether you meet the statutory and college-specific admission requirements, and the required academics points score (APS) for your chosen qualification(s). A higher certificate requires a minimum APS of 15, a diploma a minimum APS of 18 and a bachelor degree a minimum APS of 21 or more (some exceptions apply).
- It is important to note that you will not automatically be accepted to study through Unisa in semester 1 of 2022. Students will be accommodated on the basis of the number of places available for each qualification. Unisa Undergraduate Application Forms
- Applicants who plan to enrol for classes at a Technical Vocational Education and Training (TVET) college under the Unisa-TVET agreement may apply via the relevant TVET college or online through Unisa.
- Make sure to review all applicable requirements prior to applying for admission. The admission requirements apply to all students who are interested in pursuing a program or course at the University of South Africa Unisa.
- Make sure you upload all the required documents and pay the required fees. Click here to learn all about University of South Africa Unisa fees such as application fee, admission fee, tuition, and scholarships for University of South Africa Unisa Programs.
- All applications for admission must be submitted online during the prescribed application period.
Online Application Closing date 2022
The 2022 University of South Africa Unisa Admission Closing date is scheduled as follows:
Applications for admission to undergraduate qualifications (higher certificates, advanced certificates, diplomas, advanced diplomas & degrees) for the 2022 academic year are closed.
Postgraduate Diplomas and Honors Degrees admissions
Applications for admission to honours degrees and postgraduate diplomas for the 2022 academic year are closed.
Masters and Doctoral Qualifications
Applications for admission to master’s & doctoral qualifications for the 2022 academic year are closed (some exceptions apply).
Short Learning Programs
Applications for 2022 registrations of UNISA’s Short Learning Programmes (SLPs) are open from 13 September 2021 until 28 February 2022.
NB: All applicants who have successfully submitted their application forms should constantly check their online application status for more updates on their application.
Online Application Status Frequently Asked Questions
How do I access my Application Status Page?
When the college receives your application, you will receive an email from University of South Africa Unisa with a username and PIN to log in to the application status page.
I did not receive the email to access my Application Status Page?
Please contact the Admissions Office
How do I apply for a program offered at the University of South Africa Unisa?
To make an application for the courses offered at the TVET college, please visit the official website of the college to register and follow the steps to make your application.
I got a new email address, how do I update it?
Log in to the application status page. Click on “Change Email Address”. Then enter your new email address and click “Request Change”
I forgot my password for my Application Status Page, how do I retrieve it?
Check the Application Status page and follow the link to reset your password.
Contact Address of University of South Africa Unisa
For more information and enquiries, contact the University of South Africa Unisa below: