University of South Africa Unisa Postgraduate Online Application 2022/2023
University of South Africa Postgraduate Online Application – Apply Now:
Applications for admission to honours degrees and postgraduate diplomas for the 2022 academic year
Everyone wanting to start a new qualification must apply for admission, including first-time Unisa applicants, Unisa students changing to a new qualification and/or changing the specialization of their current qualification, and applicants in their final year of an undergraduate qualification who wish to continue with postgraduate studies.
- All applications for admission must be submitted online. No self-help stations will be available for applications at the regional offices.
- Admission to a qualification is not automatic. It will depend on whether you comply with the admission requirements and if space is available.
- Only complete applications (application fee paid, if applicable, and all supporting documents successfully uploaded) will be processed.
The application process
- You may apply for a maximum of two qualifications, ranked in order of preference (although you may only register for one should both of your applications be successful).
- Unisa will inform you of the outcome of your application.
- Spaces for some qualifications are limited and offers will only be made once all the applications received have been processed. In such cases, your application will be processed and you will be informed that your application for your qualification of choice is subject to enrolment management.
- First-time applicants to Unisa must complete the First-Year Experience MOOC (FYE massive open online course). You will not be able to accept Unisa’s offer if you have not yet completed Unisa’s free online MOOC.
- Also, you must accept or decline Unisa’s offer within the prescribed period of time.
- You may only accept one offer. If you accept an offer, the other application for admission/offer will automatically fall away.
- If you accept Unisa’s offer for the 2022 academic year, you may only register for the qualification and specialization for which you received an offer. You may also only register for the 2022 academic year. Should you decide not to register for the 2022 academic year for any reason, you will need to apply for admission during the next application period.
Please note: The University of South Africa reserves the right to withdraw any offer for admission to the 2022 academic year should it be found that you do not meet the statutory, college and/or minimum admission requirements for the qualification to which you have been admitted. In such a case, if you are already registered, the university will refund any registration fees paid towards said qualification.
Who must apply for admission?
Everyone wanting to start a new qualification must apply for admission. This includes
- first-time Unisa applicants.
- Unisa students changing to a new qualification and/or changing the specialisation of a current qualification.
- applicants in their final year of an undergraduate qualification who wish to continue with postgraduate studies.
Please note: You must apply for admission if you previously applied for admission and were offered a space, but did not register for any reason.
Application Requirements – The selection Process
What does the selection process entail?
Unisa will assess your application according to the academic admission requirements for your qualification(s) of choice and the final mark obtained for your major subjects at third-year undergraduate level. If you do not meet these requirements, your application will be rejected. You will be provided with the reason why your application was rejected and/or a way forward.
Please note that meeting the minimum admission requirements is not a guarantee that you will be admitted to a higher-level qualification (postgraduate diploma or honours degree), as spaces are limited.
- Applicants who plan to enrol for classes at a Technical Vocational Education and Training (TVET) college under the Unisa-TVET agreement may apply via the relevant TVET college or online through Unisa.
- Make sure to review all applicable requirements prior to applying for admission. The admission requirements apply to all students who are interested in pursuing a program or course at the University of South Africa Unisa.
- Make sure you upload all the required documents and pay the required fees. Click here to learn all about University of South Africa Unisa fees such as application fee, admission fee, tuition, and scholarships for University of South Africa Unisa Programs.
- All applications for admission must be submitted online during the prescribed application period.
Postgraduate Online Application at University of South Africa Unisa 2022
The Office of Admissions is here to help prospective students navigate the University of South Africa Unisa online application and admissions process.
How to Apply?
The following steps will guide you to successfully go through your application process:
- First, visit the official website of the institution via https://www.unisa.ac.za/ to fill your form or acquire your application form at the school’s Campus. Students should apply within the application cycle. This prevents rejected applications.
- Fill in the form with all necessary documentation (Latest Academic Results) that is required of you to support your application. Certified copy of guardian\parent ID , Proof of residence, and Student certified ID.
- Remember you will need email address when filling the form, It is, therefore, advisable to create an email address if you don’t have one. Also, remember to provide a valid cell Phone number when filling the forms because the school will text you if you are given admission.
- A full application submitted entirely must include the certified copy of your ID and a certified copy of your latest school results as stated above.
Online Application Closing date 2022
The 2022 University of South Africa Unisa Admission Closing date is scheduled as follows:
Applications for admission to undergraduate qualifications (higher certificates, advanced certificates, diplomas, advanced diplomas & degrees) for the 2022 academic year are closed.
Postgraduate Diplomas and Honors Degrees admissions
Applications for admission to honours degrees and postgraduate diplomas for the 2022 academic year are closed.
Masters and Doctoral Qualifications
Applications for admission to master’s & doctoral qualifications for the 2022 academic year are closed (some exceptions apply).
Short Learning Programs
Applications for 2022 registrations of UNISA’s Short Learning Programmes (SLPs) are open from 13 September 2021 until 28 February 2022.
NB: All applicants who have successfully submitted their application forms should constantly check their online application status for more updates on their application.
Online Application Status Frequently Asked Questions
How do I access my Application Status Page?
When the college receives your application, you will receive an email from University of South Africa Unisa with a username and PIN to log in to the application status page.
I did not receive the email to access my Application Status Page?
Please contact the Admissions Office
How do I apply for a program offered at the University of South Africa Unisa?
To make an application for the courses offered at the TVET college, please visit the official website of the college to register and follow the steps to make your application.
I got a new email address, how do I update it?
Log in to the application status page. Click on “Change Email Address”. Then enter your new email address and click “Request Change”
I forgot my password for my Application Status Page, how do I retrieve it?
Check the Application Status page and follow the link to reset your password.
Contact Address of University of South Africa Unisa
For more information and enquiries, contact the University of South Africa Unisa below: