University Of Sierra Leone Grading System
University Of Sierra Leone Grading System – see details below:
- Continuous assessment (CA) and Examination, both serve different pedagogical needs.
- In University of Sierra Leone, assignments, quizzes, field trips, practical, seminars and end-of-semester examinations are continually used to assess students’ performance.
- The Students’ performance constitutes Examination which is marked out of 70% and Continuous Assessment (CA) marked out of 30% to give a total of 100%. Where as examination scripts are not returned to students, CA scripts should be returned to the students with comments and/or discussion if appropriate, so that they may improve on their work.
Incomplete Grade (I)
The (I) grade is assigned when a student’s work is of passing quality but is incomplete for good reason (e.g. illness during the official examination period). However, even such good reasons will not warrant an “I” grade if the work already completed for the module is clearly not of passing quality; instead students should note that the “F” grade will be assigned in such cases. A module assigned an “I” grade normally cannot be used to fulfill the prerequisite of a higher-level module. Should a student choose to repeat a module in a subsequent semester, none of the work done previously may be carried forward for assessment purposes.
|LETTER GRADE||% GRADE||POINTS||REMARKS|
|B+||65% – 69%||3.5||Very Good|
|B||60% – 64%||3.0||Good|
|B-||55% – 59%||2.75||Good|
|C+||50% – 54%||2.5||Credit|
|C||46% – 49%||2.0||Credit|
|C-||40% – 45%||1.5||Pass|
|D||35% – 39%||1.0||Conditional Pass|
|E||30% – 34%||0.5||Fail|
- Students receive letter grades for each module taken. Each grade corresponds to a grade point as shown in the table.
- As the table below indicates, a plus (+) or a minus (-) suffix added to a grade raises or lowers the grade point value.
Semester / Sessional Grade Point Average
- Academic progress is tracked by the SGPA, which is the weighted average grade point of all modules taken by a student per semester / session.
- Therefore, a student’s SGPA is the sum of the module grade points multiplied by the number of Credit Hours for the corresponding module, divided by the total number of Credit Hours.
University Of Sierra Leone Postgraduate Admission
University Of Sierra Leone Diploma and Certificate Admission
University Of Sierra Leone Undergraduate Admission
USL Fourah Bay College Online Application Form
University Of Sierra Leone IPAM Online Application Form
University Of Sierra Leone COMHAS Online Application Form
University Of Sierra Leone Postgraduate Online Application Form
University Of Sierra Leone Online Application Form
University Of Sierra Leone Online Application
University Of Sierra Leone Application Form
University Of Sierra Leone Application Deadline
University Of Sierra Leone Online Registration
University Of Sierra Leone Courses Offered
University Of Sierra Leone Tuition Fees