University of KwaZulu-Natal UKZN Admission Requirements 2022/2023
University of KwaZulu-Natal UKZN Admission Requirements – Details:
Your journey to University of KwaZulu-Natal UKZN starts here. The future belongs to those with the curiosity and determination to shape it for the better. At University of KwaZulu-Natal UKZN, you can be one of them. We are here to help make each step towards becoming a University of KwaZulu-Natal UKZN student a smooth experience.
Admission as a freshman takes into account a number of factors. This includes specific courses you completed in high school and your grades in those courses.
Please review all applicable requirements prior to applying for admission and pay the required fees.
Admission Requirements 2022/2023
The following requirements apply to all students who are interested in pursuing a program at the University of KwaZulu-Natal UKZN. Depending upon what type of applicant you are, you may also have to meet additional requirements. The minimum requirements for University of KwaZulu-Natal UKZN admission are outlined below:
Please remember to upload the following documents (where applicable)
- Certified copy of your ID/passport.
- Certified copy of your National Senior/Matric Certificate or O/A Levels or relevant school leaving qualification/certificate.
- Proof from Universities South Africa (previously known as HESA), that you qualify for admission to degree studies at South Africa universities, if you are an international applicant. For more information, refer to the undergraduate prospectus
- Certified copies of your degree certificate(s), academic record and certificate of conduct, if you attended other universities.
- Proof of English proficiency for International applicants from non-English speaking countries.
- South African Qualifications Authority (SAQA) evaluations if the previous qualification(s) was/were obtained at foreign universities (outside South Africa).
- A research proposal/proposed title of the dissertation/thesis if you are applying for a Masters Degree or PhD.
- A valid study visa to study in SA if you are an International applicant.
- Before applying online please make sure that you have read the guidelines above.
- Please ensure that you have the HESA/SAQA documents to be uploaded in order to complete your application.
- Please ensure to use reference APPN (followed by your student number) when making application fee payment.
- Please allow the system 24 hrs to 48 hrs to clear your payment.
Make sure to review all applicable requirements prior to applying for admission. The admission requirements apply to all students who are interested in pursuing a program or course at the University of KwaZulu-Natal UKZN.
International Students Entrance Requirements
International applicants are subject to a selection procedure based on academic merit and the number of spaces available. Applicant with non – South African school leaving certificates must contact the South African Matriculation Board directly to determine if they qualify for admission to degree studies in South Africa.
However, certain subject groupings are also required. It is not sufficient to pass in O-levels only.Please note that Colleges may have subject, level and minimum performance (in O and A levels) requirements for admission to their programmes. Please ensure that you have your original documents available at registration and arrange for official translations where applicable.
Candidates should have completed a four year Bachelor’s degree or a three year degree plus a one year full time Honors degree in the relevant field to enrol for a Masters degree. All applicants should apply to the South African Qualifications Authority (SAQA) to obtain a certificate of evaluation of qualifications prior to submitting an application to the University.
Visit the SAQA website at http://www.saqa.org.za or contact them on +27(0) 12 431 5000.
Online Application Closing date at University of KwaZulu-Natal UKZN
The 2022 University of KwaZulu-Natal UKZN Admission Closing date is scheduled as follows:
Closing Dates For South African Citizens
Semester 1 (January intake)
- Medicine: 30 June : No late applications are accepted.
- All other programmes: 30 September.
Semester 2: (August Intake)
NB: All applicants who have successfully submitted their application forms should constantly check their online application status for more updates on their application.
Application Frequently Asked Questions
How do I access my Application Status Page?
When the college receives your application, you will receive an email from University of KwaZulu-Natal UKZN with a username and PIN to log in to the application status page.
I did not receive the email to access my Application Status Page?
Please contact the Admissions Office
How do I apply for a program offered at the University of KwaZulu-Natal UKZN?
To make an application for the courses offered at the TVET college, please visit the official website of the college to register and follow the steps to make your application.
I got a new email address, how do I update it?
Log in to the application status page. Click on “Change Email Address”. Then enter your new email address and click “Request Change”
I forgot my password for my Application Status Page, how do I retrieve it?
Check the Application Status page and follow the link to reset your password.
Contact Address of University of KwaZulu-Natal UKZN
For more information and enquiries, contact the University of KwaZulu-Natal UKZN below: