University of KwaZulu-Natal UKZN Undergraduate Online Application – Apply Now
UKZN Undergraduate Online Application – Apply Now:
Admission as a freshman takes into account a number of factors. For instance, specific courses you completed in high school and your grades in those courses. Our Course offerings may vary each semester. Click here to read the detailed comprehensive list of current and recent courses at University of KwaZulu-Natal UKZN scheduled for the 2022/2023 academic year…
Everyone wanting to start a new qualification must apply for admission. This includes:
- First-time University of KwaZulu-Natal UKZN applicants.
- University of KwaZulu-Natal UKZN students changing to a new qualification and / or specialization.
- Students completing a higher certificate or any other program and who wish to continue with further undergraduate studies.
Application Requirements – The selection Process
What does the selection process entail?
Make sure to review all applicable requirements prior to applying for admission. Click here to view the detailed admission requirements for both undergraduate and postgraduate applicants.
The KwaZulu-Natal UKZN outlines the minimum requirements for admission are below:
Selection processes for new entrants to UKZN in 2022
The following overarching selection criteria and processes apply to all new entrants who are embarking on study at a tertiary institution for the first time in 20.
1. The academic board selects a minimum of 15% of new entrants to each program from students who have completed their schooling at Quantile 1 or 2 schools and meet all the minimum entry requirements for the program. Specific programs may provide for increased quotas.
2. The academic ranking for programs other than Medicine is based on the Academic Performance Score (APS) obtained in the South African National Senior Certificate (NSC) examinations as described below. Applicants for MBChB will be ranked based on their average % score.
3. If more than seven subjects are taken the APS is calculated by adding the performance level for:
a. English (HL or FAL), plus
b. Mathematics or Mathematical Literacy, plus
c. The best ratings of the other subjects (excluding Life Orientation and Maths paper 3) so that a total of six subjects are included.
Selection processes for new entrants to UKZN in 2022
4. programs that do not have a sufficient number of suitably qualified applicants from Quintiles 1 or 2 seven days prior to the commencement of on-campus registration for the program may fill any remaining places with applicants from Quintile 3, then 4, then 5.
5. Certain programs may impose additional criteria (for example, a portfolio of work, audition or interview) in order to determine eligibility for the program.
6. For students who have obtained a school leaving certificate other than the NSC, USAf criteria and guidelines for equivalent performance levels will be used where available to estimate the academic rank.
7. There will be no ‘Dean’s Discretion’ for students entering directly from NSC and selection will be done according to the agreed criteria by the College Admissions processes. However some measure of discretion, to be exercised by the College Dean of Teaching & Learning, is required in the case of qualifying applicants from other countries or examination systems, immigrant applicants or applicants with disabilities.
Submission Of National Senior Certificate/Senior Certificate
Make sure to review all applicable requirements prior to applying for admission. The admission requirements apply to all students who are interested in pursuing a program or course at the University of KwaZulu-Natal UKZN.
It is important to note that it is the responsibility of registered students to submit copies of their NSC/Senior Certificate to their College Offices as soon as the Certificates become available.
UKZN Undergraduate Online Application – Apply Now
General Application Process
The following steps will guide you to successfully go through your application process:
- First, visit the official website of the institution via https://ukzn.ac.za/ to fill your form or acquire your application form at the school’s Campus. Students should apply within the application cycle. This prevents rejected applications.
- Certified copy of guardian\parent ID , Proof of residence, and Student certified ID.
- Remember you will need email address when filling the form, It is, therefore, advisable to create an email address if you don’t have one. Click here if you don’t have an email address. Also, remember to provide a valid cell Phone number when filling the forms because the school will text you if you are given admission.
- A full application submitted entirely must include the certified copy of your ID and a certified copy of your latest school results as stated above.
Online Application Closing date at University of KwaZulu-Natal UKZN
The 2022 University of KwaZulu-Natal UKZN Admission Closing date is scheduled as follows:
Closing Dates For South African Citizens
Semester 1 (January intake)
- Medicine: 30 June : The university will not accept late application
- All other programmes: 30 September.
Semester 2: (August Intake)
NB: All applicants who have successfully submitted their application forms should constantly check their online application status for more updates on their application.
Online Application Status Frequently Asked Questions
How do I access my Application Status Page?
When the college receives your application, you will receive an email from University of KwaZulu-Natal UKZN with a username and PIN to log in to the application status page.
I did not receive the email to access my Application Status Page?
Please contact the Admissions Office
How do I apply for a program offered at the University of KwaZulu-Natal UKZN?
To make an application for the courses offered at the TVET college, please visit the official website of the college to register and follow the steps to make your application.
I got a new email address, how do I update it?
Log in to the application status page. Click on “Change Email Address”. Then enter your new email address and click “Request Change”
I forgot my password for my Application Status Page, how do I retrieve it?
Check the Application Status page and follow the link to reset your password.
Contact Address of University of KwaZulu-Natal UKZN
For more information and enquiries, contact the University of KwaZulu-Natal UKZN below: