Uganda Prisons Service Logo Png Download
Uganda Prisons Service Logo Png – Download:
- Justice as the core value.
- Fundamental to an effective Correctional and Justice System in a firm commitment to the belief that offenders are responsible for their own behaviour and have the potential to live as law-abiding citizens.
- The majority of offenders can be dealt with effectively in the community by means of non-custodial correctional programs; imprisonment should be used with restraint.
- In the interest of public protection, decisions about offenders must be based on informed risk assessment and risk management.
- Effective corrections is dependent on close co-operation with criminal justice partners and the community in order to contribute to a more just, humane and safe society.
- Carefully recruited, properly trained and well-informed staff members are essential to an effective correctional system.
- The public has a right to know what is done in prisons and should be given the opportunity to participate in the criminal justice system.
- The effectiveness of corrections depends on the degree to which correctional systems are capable of responding to change and shaping the future.
- Remand prisoners are presumed to be innocent and shall be treated as such. They shall be kept separate from convicted prisoners. Uganda Prisons Service Logo Png Download
- Men and women shall as far as possible be detained in separate institutions. In an institution, which receives both men and women, the whole of the premises allocated to women shall be entirely separate.
- Imprisonment shall always be regarded as a means of last resort, following unlawful behaviour.
VISION AND MISSION
A centre of excellence in providing human rights based correctional services in Africa.
To provide safe, secure, and humane custody of offenders while placing human rights at the centre of their correctional programmes.
FUNCTIONS AND MANDATE OF UPS
The Prisons Act, 2006 provides for the mandate and functions of a Uganda Prisons Service composed of Central and former Local Government Prisons and spells out the duties of the UPS as to protect, promote and fulfill the rights of those incarcerated.
Section 3 spells out the key objective as “to contribute to the protection of all members of society by providing reasonable, safe, secure and humane custody and rehabilitation of offenders in accordance to universally accepted standards”. The Prison Act represents a milestone in penal reform in Uganda. It offers a modernized legal framework for incarceration, entrenches, human rights in penal policy, caters for the prisoners’ rights, consolidates and strengthens the management of UPS. It is the mandate of UPS to enforce the new Act.
The Prisons Act, 2006, section 116 mandates the UPS to take over management and administration of Local Administration Prisons.
The new law introduces a number of issues such as access to information, complaint handling, establishment of Prisons Council and Authority, internal and external oversight, the right to be hard for both inmates and staff whereas subject to disciplinary measures/action.
The Act was passed by Parliament at the end of FY 2005/06. The law became effective on 14th July, 2006 after completing the budgeting process for FY 2006/07.
Section 114 of the Prisons Act, 2006 states that:-
The functions and administration of Local Administration Prisons shall be taken over by the Central Prisons Service.
A person who immediately before coming into force of this act held or was acting in any office in local administration prisons, so far as consistent with this Act, shall be taken to have been appointed as from the coming into force of this act in the equivalent office under this Act.
A person being held as a prisoner or detained in custody in a local administration prison at the time this Act came
into force shall be taken to be held or detained by the Uganda Prison Service.
The Assets and Liabilities of local administration prison shall be taken over by Uganda Prisons Service.
Section 5 of the Prisons Act provides the functions of UPS as follows:-
- To ensure that every person retained legally in a prison is kept in humane, safe custody, provided in court when requires until lawfully discharged or removed from prison.
- To facilitate the social rehabilitation and reformation of prisoners through specific training and educational programmes.
- To facilitate the re-integration of prisoners into their communities.
- To ensure performance by prisoners of work reasonably necessary for the effective management of prisons.
- To perform other such functions as the Minister after consultation with the Prisons Authority, may from time to time assign to the service.
Constitutional, Legislative and Policy Mandates
The Uganda government has retified a number of treaties providing minimum standards for prisons condition and prisoners rights. The Uganda Prisons service derives its mandate from the following:-
- Article 215 of the constitution of the Republic of Uganda
- Prisons Act, 2006
- United Nation Minimum Rules for treatment of offenders (1955)
1 UPDF Recruitment Screening Shortlisted Candidates
2 UPDF Recruitment Screening and Selection Process 2022
3 Uganda Peoples Defence Forces UPDF Pass Out List
4 Uganda Peoples Defence Forces UPDF Pass Out
5 UPDF Recruitment Dates and Centers
6 Uganda Peoples Defence Forces UPDF Recruitment Portal
7 UPDF Recruitment Interview Questions and Answers
8 UPDF Recruitment Interview Shortlisted Candidates
9 UPDF Recruitment Interview Date
11 UPDF Recruitment Medicals Shortlisted Candidates
12 UPDF Recruitment Medical Examination Date
13 UPDF Recruitment Medical Examination
14 UPDF LDU Recruitment Shortlisted Candidates
15 UPDF Officers Recruitment Shortlisted Candidates
16 UPDF Cadet Recruitment Shortlisted Candidates
17 UPDF Recruitment Shortlisted Candidates
18 UPDF Officers Recruitment Application Deadline
20 UPDF LDU Recruitment Application Deadline
21 UPDF Cadet Recruitment Application Deadline
22 UPDF Recruitment Application Deadline 2022-2023
23 UPDF Recruitment Application Procedure 2022-2023
25 UPDF Recruitment Online Application
26 How Much Do UPDF Soldiers Earn
27 How Long Does UPDF Training Take
28 When is UPDF Recruiting LDU
29 When Is UPDF Recruitment Date
30 Uganda Peoples Defence Forces UPDF Cadet Training
31 Uganda Peoples Defence Forces UPDF Logo png Download
32 Uganda Peoples Defence Forces UPDF Code of Conduct
33 Uganda Peoples Defence Forces UPDF Headquarters
34 Uganda Peoples Defence Forces UPDF High Command
35 Uganda Peoples Defence Forces UPDF Brass Band
36 Uganda Peoples Defence Forces UPDF Gazette Uniform
37 Uganda Peoples Defence Forces UPDF Uniforms
38 Uganda Peoples Defence Forces UPDF Wazalendo SACCO
39 Uganda Peoples Defence Forces UPDF ACT 1992 Pdf
40 Uganda Peoples Defence Forces UPDF ACT 2005 Pdf
41 Uganda Peoples Defence Forces UPDF 5th Division
42 Uganda Peoples Defence Forces UPDF 4th Division
43 Uganda Peoples Defence Forces UPDF 3rd Division
44 Uganda Peoples Defence Forces UPDF 2nd Division
45 Uganda Peoples Defence Forces UPDF Divisions
46 Uganda Peoples Defence Forces UPDF Marines
47 Uganda Peoples Defence Forces UPDF Land Forces
48 Uganda Peoples Defence Forces UPDF Air Forces
49 Uganda Peoples Defence Forces UPDF Army
50 Uganda Peoples Defence Forces UPDF Officers
51 Uganda Peoples Defence Forces UPDF Generals
53 UPDF Officers Promoted 2022
54 UPDF Promotions Full List 2022
55 Uganda Peoples Defence Forces UPDF Promotions 2022
56 Uganda Peoples Defence Forces UPDF Contacts
57 Uganda Peoples Defence Forces UPDF Training Schools
58 Uganda Peoples Defence Forces UPDF Training
59 Uganda Peoples Defence Forces UPDF Veterans
60 UPDF Recruitment Requirements
61 UPDF Recruitment Qualifications
62 Uganda Peoples Defence Forces UPDF Salary Increment
63 Uganda Peoples Defence Forces UPDF Allowances
64 UPDF Ranks and Salary Scale
65 Uganda Peoples Defence Forces UPDF Salary Scale 2022
66 UPDF Ranks Insignia and Badges
67 When is Uganda Peoples Defence Forces UPDF Recruitment
68 Uganda Peoples Defence Forces UPDF Jobs
69 UPDF Professional Recruitment 2022-2023
70 UPDF Cadet Recruitment 2022-2023 | How to Apply
71 UPDF General Recruitment 2022-2023 | Apply Now
72 UPDF Local Defence Unit LDU Recruitment 2022-2023
73 UPDF Recruitment Date 2022-2023 | Uganda Defence Force
74 Uganda Peoples Defence Forces UPDF Recruitment 2022-23
75 How Much Do Uganda Army Earn
77 Uganda Army Ranks | Uganda Peoples Defence Forces
78 Uganda Army Generals | Uganda Peoples Defence Forces
79 Uganda Army Training | Uganda Peoples Defence Forces
80 Uganda Army Air Forces | Uganda Peoples Defence Forces
81 Uganda Army Ranks From Lowest to Highest
82 Uganda Army Recruitment 2022-2023 | How to Apply
84 Uganda Salvation Army | The Salvation Army International
85 Uganda Salvation Army Territorial Commander
86 Uganda Army Uniforms | Uganda Peoples Defence Forces
87 Uganda Army Recruitment Application Form 2022-2023
88 Uganda Army Recruitment Online Application 2022-2023