Uganda Police Force UPF Recruitment Qualifications 2022
Uganda Police Force UPF Recruitment Qualifications – Check details below:
The Ministry of Defense under the Section of Uganda_Police Jurisdiction Conducts periodic Police Recruitment. The Requirements, Criteria, Forms and Training Schools have been indicated below. The Uganda Police Recruitment is conducted usually during the first quarter of the year (January – March) or the Last quarter of the Month (August -November).
Applications are invited for suitably qualified applicants for the Uganda Police Force UPF recruitment exercise. INTERESTED AND SUITABLY QUALIFIED members of the public can apply for any of the positions available at Uganda Police Force below.
You should note that the age bracket for recruitment has been increased from 20-25 to 20-28 years, for L/AIPs and from 18-22 to 18-25 years, for PPCs. The entry level for Learner AIPs still remains at Diploma level, while that for PPCs is UCE with at least 5 Credits, with a Credit in either English or Mathematics.
All interested applicants are advised to further read and satisfy themselves, with the minimum eligibility criteria, before they apply. As a reminder, all candidates must;
- Be Ugandan citizens with a valid National ID (NIN)
- Must have no criminal record
- Should be ready to undertake the requisite Twelve (12) months Police Basic Training Course.
- Must be physically fit.
- Should be ready to work for long hours and at times under difficult conditions.
- Should be ready to work in any part of the country.
- Possess good communication skills
- Must not be a former serving officer in any of the Forces.
All interested candidates who meet the eligibility criteria, should report to the Police Training School, Kampala for interviews on the said date.
The applicants should;
- Register upon arrival
- Come with hand written applications accompanied by originals and photocopies of academic documents
- Possess an ID of the previous institution/school attended
- Possess three (3) recent Passport size photographs.
- Hand in recommendation letters from LC I, II and III and RDC from the districts of origin.
Uganda Police Force UPF Recruitment Qualifications: REQUIRED EDUCATION LEVEL
Possess a Diploma from a recognized institution in any of the following field; Clinical Medicine and Community Health, Orthopedic Clinical Medicine, Public Health Dentistry, Environmental Health Science, Pharmacy and must be registered with the respective professional body; Information Technology, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Telecom Engineering, Air conditioning and Refrigeration, Forensic Science and any other Diploma with a bias in Biology, Chemistry, Physics and Mathematics.
REQUIRED EDUCATION LEVEL:
- The applicant should hold a Uganda Advanced Certificate of Education (UACE Certificate) or its equivalent with at least two principal passes (those with equivalent qualifications, must obtain certification from UNEB). NB: Over qualified candidates should not apply.
- Six credits at UCE with at least a credit in English and a pass in Mathematics.
NB: Possession of a valid driving permit will be an added advantage
Contact the department of Police for more information:
Katalima Road, Naguru
Telephone: (256) 414233814/ (256) 414250613
Emergency: 999/112 Fax: (256) 414255630