Nelson Mandela University NMU Undergraduate Application – Apply Now
Nelson Mandela University NMU Undergraduate Application – Apply Now:
Admission as a freshman takes into account a number of factors. For instance, specific courses you completed in high school and your grades in those courses. Our Course offerings may vary each semester. Click here to read the detailed comprehensive list of current and recent courses at Nelson Mandela University NMU scheduled for the 2022/2023 academic year…
Prospective undergraduate, postgraduate and international students who wish to join Nelson Mandela University in 2022 are invited to apply online as from 3 May 2021.
In order to ensure adequate time for application, processing and planning by the university and yourself, online applications for admission in 2022 should be submitted by:
- 30 June 2021 for MBChB applicants (with the NBT to be written by no later than 31 July 2021)
- 5 August 2021 for early applications (excluding MBChB)
- 30 September 2021 for late applications (excluding MBChB)
- September 30th, 2021 for international student applications (excluding MBChB)
- 30 September 2021 for student housing applications
Please note, places in some qualifications are limited, and it is therefore in your best interest to submit your online application and ALL supporting documentation timeously. Before completing an online application form, please take note of the Applicant Score (AS) and minimum pass % per subject requirements for the qualification you are applying for, or refer to the A-Z career webpage, faculty website or faculty guides for additional information.
Application Requirements – The selection Process
What does the selection process entail?
The following requirements apply to all students who are interested in pursuing a program at the Nelson Mandela University NMU. Depending upon what type of applicant you are, you may also have to meet additional requirements. The minimum requirements for Nelson Mandela University NMU admission are outlined below:
Your online application form must be accompanied by:
- Certified copy of your final Grade 11 exam results or;
- A Certified copy of your most recent Grade 12 (June/Sept) exam results (no March results), or
- Certified copy of your matriculation certificate/statement of results if you have already passed Grade 12/completed schooling,
- Certified copies of your diploma/degree certificates plus academic record(s) and certificate(s) of conduct if you have studied elsewhere,
- a certified copy of your ID (birth certificate if still waiting for ID),
- a certified copy of the identity document of your parent/legal guardian/surety,
- declaration by your parent / legal guardian/surety if you are a dependant, or currently at school, or studying at a tertiary institution, or have recently left school and do/will not have permanent employment when applying or studying at the University.
- If your Applicant Score (AS) and subject specific % pass marks do not meet the direct entry requirements for your chosen program, you will need to consider another qualification as we no longer test applicants for admission.
- Some programs have additional selection requirements; please consult the Undergraduate Guide for your faculty specific requirements.
- You can track the status of your application.
- Students will receive the outcome of their application via our website and SMS. Please ensure that we have your correct cell phone number.
- Students will also receive an orientation guide together with registration information in November/December once admitted
- Final acceptance is depended on:
- your final school leaving results meeting the minimum admission requirements for your chosen program, or
- the submission of your final academic record and certificate of conduct if you are studying elsewhere.
Undergraduate Online Application at Nelson Mandela University NMU 2022
The Office of Admissions is here to help prospective students navigate the Nelson Mandela University NMU online application and admissions process.
How to Apply?
The following steps will guide you to successfully go through your application process:
- First, visit the official website of the institution via https://www.mandela.ac.za/ to fill your form or acquire your application form at the school’s Campus. Students should apply within the application cycle. This prevents rejected applications.
- Certified copy of guardian\parent ID, Proof of residence, and Student certified ID.
- Remember you will need email address when filling the form, It is, therefore, advisable to create an email address if you don’t have one.
- A full application submitted entirely must include the certified copy of your ID and a certified copy of your latest school results as stated above.
- Make sure to review all applicable requirements prior to applying for admission. The admission requirements apply to all students who are interested in pursuing a program or course at the Nelson Mandela University NMU.
- Make sure you upload all the required documents and pay the required fees. Click here to learn all about Nelson Mandela University NMU fees such as application fee, admission fee, tuition, and scholarships for Nelson Mandela University NMU Programs.
- Students should submit all applications online for admission during the prescribed application period.
The 2022 Nelson Mandela University NMU Admission Closing date is scheduled as follows:
1) Academic Online Applications
Nelson Mandela University invites prospective undergraduate, postgraduate and international students who wish to join Nelson Mandela University in 2022 to apply online:
- 30 June 2021 for MBChB applicants
- 5 August 2021 for early applications (excluding MBChB);
- September 30th, 2021 for late applications (excluding MBChB);
- September 30th, 2021 for international student applications (excluding MBChB).
2) On-Campus Accommodation
- Closing date: 30 September 2021
3) International Applicants
- International student applications (excluding MBChB): 30 September 2021 (application fee of R500)
NB: All applicants who have successfully submitted their application forms should constantly check their online application status for more updates on their application.
Online Application Status Frequently Asked Questions
How do I access my Application Status Page?
When the college receives your application, you will receive an email from Nelson Mandela University NMU with a username and PIN to log in to the application status page.
I did not receive the email to access my Application Status Page?
Please contact the Admissions Office
How do I apply for a program offered at the Nelson Mandela University NMU?
To make an application for the courses offered at the TVET college, please visit the official website of the college to register and follow the steps to make your application.
I got a new email address, how do I update it?
Log in to the application status page. Click on “Change Email Address”. Then enter your new email address and click “Request Change”
I forgot my password for my Application Status Page, how do I retrieve it?
Check the Application Status page and follow the link to reset your password.
Contact Address of Nelson Mandela University NMU
For more information and enquiries, contact the Nelson Mandela University NMU below: